The aim of our Cycle Friendly Business Program is to connect cyclists with businesses along the Trail which provide facilities for cyclists to make their stay enjoyable and aid them on their journey.
The Cycle Friendly Business Program has been developed to:
- Specifically promote accommodation and service providers which cater for cyclists.
- Easily identify your businesses as cycle friendly.
- Establish some basic criteria that meet the needs of cyclists.
- Complement the walker friendly business program developed by the Bibbulmun Track Foundation.
By becoming a Cycle Friendly Business, you agree to offer a range of cycle friendly services at your business. In return, your business will be promoted through the Munda Biddi Trail Foundation’s marketing and promotional initiatives. You are also helping to maintain and protect the Trail.
Along with the usual membership benefits, you will receive:
- A listing in the Cycle Friendly Business Directory in each issue of the Munda Biddi Newsletter (circulation three times per annum).
- Priority recommendation to all our Munda Biddi Cycling Break enquiries.
- Prominent display of your brochure in the entry foyer to our office.
- Facebook ‘like’ of your page.
Receive 24/7 internet advertising on the Munda Biddi Trail Foundation website which receives between 4,000 and 6,200 unique visits a week:
- Full business profile page with photo, contact details and link to your website.
- Small profile under Accommodation & Services and Trail Towns - linking back to your full profile page.
- Location pins on the Section by Section Guide map page – with small profile linking back to your full profile page.
- Receive Cycle Friendly Business certificate to display at your premises.
- Receive E-News updates monthly.
- Receive a seasonal events program.
- Access to trip planning advice.
- Use of exclusive Cycle Friendly Business logo at your establishment, on your website and publications (non-transferable).
- Receive member discounts at Mountain Designs and various accommodation and service providers.
- Reduced advertising rates in the Munda Biddi News magazine.
- Wholesale prices on Munda Biddi Trail merchandise for on-selling to your customers.
Funds from the Cycle Friendly Business Program will be allocated to marketing the Munda Biddi Trail to attract more cyclists to the south west – to benefit your business.
Over 25,000 visitor cycle on the Trail each year.
Approximately $13 million spent by cyclists each year mostly in regional areas on accommodation, meals, fuel, track supplies, laundry and attractions.
An increasing number of tour operators are operating on the Trail and using local services.
Being cycle friendly is easy. Providing a warm welcome and facilities to refresh, refill, re-energise, repair and ride are the main aims – as well as providing a secure and well located bicycle storage facility!
To find out more about becoming a Cycle Friendly Business, download our Supporters Guide, see the Cycle Friendly Business section on page 6, fill out the application form on page 10 and return it to us by email. If you are newly registered as a Cycle Friendly Business, please download and fill out our Profile Information Form before emailing it back to us so that we can get your online profile up and running!
To see who's already involved, please see our Cycle Friendly Businesses