Jarrahwood to Manjimup
Nala Mia hut-Nannup: 26.7km, Nannup-Donnelly River: 37.3km, Donnelly River-Karta Burnu: 23.5km, Karta Burna-Manjimup: 23km | Distance: 110.7km
Along The Trail
The ride to Nannup uses the Sidings Rail Trail which meanders through State forest and Conservation Park for most of the way. It is marked with both the Munda Biddi Trail and the Sidings Rail Trail markers. It is also a dual-use trail so be prepared to encounter walkers enroute.
Find out more in Along the Trail.
- Donnelly River Village - an old mill town converted into a holiday village with abundant kangaroos, emus and other birds.
- The historic One Tree Bridge shows how difficult it was to build a bridge across the Donnelly River.
- The Donnelly River Tourist Drive takes you from the historic mill town of Donnelly River Village through the magnificent karri forest to One Tree Bridge where the remains of the old bridge, constructed in 1904 from one fallen Karri Tree, is a testament to the ingenuity of the early pioneers to the region
- The Big Brook Arboretum features trees from around the world. Meander through the plots that take you through a collection of trees which were initially planted to determine their resilience to the soil conditions and climate.
- In Nannup, wander the main street and look at the attractive Victorian villa, Templemore, built in 1908. In the park on the Vasse Highway at the southern end of town is a memorial to Marinko Tomas, a local youth who became the first Western Australian to be killed in Vietnam.
- Take one of the scenic walks through the surrounding forests of Nannup – see the Nannup Heritage Trail brochure.
- Nannup has excellent trout fishing, swimming and canoeing in the Blackwood River and other local waterways are available all year round and are wonderful ways to enjoy the tranquillity of the area.
- Time your visit with the Nannup Music Festival held every year over the long weekend in early March. For more information regarding events contact the Nannup Tourist Bureau.
- Nala Mia Campsite to Claymore Rd ( 15.7km ) Map 4
- Nala Mia Campsite to Willow Springs (52km) Map 5
- Penny Road through Donnelly Mill to Gordon Road (15km) Map 5
- Dentana Road (4km after Karta Burnu campsite) to Manjimup (22km) Map 5
To drive to Donnelly River, take the South Western Highway via Balingup to Bridgetown. Turn right onto the Brockman Highway soon after crossing the Blackwood River Bridge at the south end of the main street in Bridgetown. Turn left into Mokerdillup Rd and follow signs to Donnelly River Village.
There is no public transport to Donnelly River Village. TransWa operate services to Bridgetown and Manjimup daily. A taxi operates from Bridgetown and Manjimup.
Some accommodation providers will transfer you to the Track, provided you are staying with them.
To drive to Pemberton follow the South Western Highway to Manjimup. Drive another 16km south until you reach the Pemberton turnoff. Drive another 16km along the Vasse Highway to Pemberton. TransWA operate services most days to Pemberton via Bridgetown and Manjimup from Perth.
Jarrahwood is a small town located in the South West region of Western Australia, between the towns of Busselton and Nannup.
Nestled in the heart of the Blackwood River valley, Nannup is a beautiful little town with a sense of history and a strong link to the surrounding countryside. Now known as the Garden Village, its beautiful private and public gardens are a great way to experience the wildflowers, and in August the town is ablaze with colour from blooming tulips and daffodils.
The historic mill town of Donnelly River Village (DRV) is nestled in the valley of the river from which it was named. DRV is now a holiday village famed for its tame wildlife and tranquil forest setting.
Manjimup is a large town 307 km from Perth on the South Western Highway. Set in tall tree country with its majestic karri and jarrah trees, it is the southern terminus of Stage 5.
Maps and Guides
Department of Parks and Wildlife Office/s
Willowdale Road south to Boyanup
Contact: Peter Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone: (08) 9735 1988
Opening times: 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
147 Wittenoom Street
COLLIE WA 6225
Boundary Road south to the west of Dog Road
Contact: Jeff Kimpton (email@example.com)
Telephone: (08) 9776 1207
Opening times: 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
PEMBERTON WA 6260